Pacesetter Elliot Zisser has been practicing law for more than 40 years. He was selected by the Florida Bar as an “eminent Practitioner” to co-write the exam for becoming a board-certified family lawyer. He was also the first board-certified Marital and Family Law attorney in Northeast Florida. He attended George Washington University and graduated with honors in the top 10% of his class. Elliot was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1971. Elliot then established his downtown practice with his brother, Barry Zisser.
Elliot is co-founder and and serves as senior counsel for Zisser Family Law. He treasures his reputation for honesty and professionalism. Neither of those is inconsistent with being an advocate for his clients. He never forgets that in almost every case he is affecting the lives of innocent children who love both parents. He believes that children must be protected in these proceedings.
He holds the highest peer review rating, the Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent, and has been recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America” by Naifeh and Johnson, for more than twenty-five years. Among his many distinctions and awards include being a part of Florida’s Legal Elite, Super Lawyers, Jacksonville’s Best Lawyers, as well as serving as former president of the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
In 2021, Elliot was recognized by The Florida Bar for the 50th anniversary of his membership in the state organization.
- Marital and Family Law
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Fellow
- Florida Trend’s “Florida Legal Elite” (2010, 2018, 2020)
- “The Best Lawyers in America,” Woodward/White Publishers (1987-present)
- AAML (American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers), Florida Chapter, President (2000-01)
- Florida Bar, Florida Family Law Certification Committee, Chair (1994-1996)
- Florida Bar, Board of Legal Specialization (1998)
- Co-author, “Drafting Antenuptial Agreements,” Drafting Material Agreements in Florida, The Florida Bar Association