Who can seek a child support modification in Florida?

Generally it's the parent who has the majority time-sharing of the child can seek a modification if they are seeking an increase in child support. The individual who is paying child support can also seek a decrease in child support. They would be the ones who would be, in all likelihood, the modifying party if they've had a substantial downward turn in their income. Generally it's only the parents who would have the right to file for a modification in child support.

Posted in Child Support Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .