What if my spouse is served with the divorce but does not answer?

If your spouse is served with a divorce and does not answer following the period of twenty days from the date of service, you can obtain a default judgment against that individual. That means that you can get the relief that you are requesting in the petition for dissolution of marriage provided you can provide sufficient proof.

Posted in Divorce Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .