What happens in Florida when visitation rights are frustrated?

When visitation rights are frustrated, and, what it's actually called now, "parenting time," not visitation, you have the right to seek enforcement, legal enforcement, of those rights under your final judgment. The first thing to do is going to be to see the best marital and family lawyer you can, and hopefully that lawyer will be able to contact your spouse or your spouse's attorney to try to correct that matter right away. If it's persistent, we also have a provision in Florida law for a parenting coordinator to be appointed by the court to resolve these matters between the parties where the parties can see the parenting coordinator. As a last resort would be to be filing a Motion for Contempt or Enforcement with the court, and there are sanctions that can be applied to that type of behavior.

Posted in Child Custody Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged , .