What can I do if the other parent drinks and/or drives under the influence while my children are in his/her care?

The action that you can take if your ex-spouse is driving the children while under the influence of alcohol is to take immediate legal action to move to change the parenting time, to put in safe guards, enjoin the drinking while the children are in that person's care. You may want to ask for an alcohol evaluation. You should immediately put that spouse or former spouse on notice that that conduct is unacceptable and jeopardizes the children.

Posted in Child Custody Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged , .