My ex-spouse has custody of our daughter and I have visitation rights. My ex-spouse skipped out of the state without informing me of her whereabouts. The custody agreement says she cannot leave without my permission and the courts. What are my options?

Your option in what you should do is immediately file a motion for contempt in the court that has jurisdiction over the child and seek her immediate return. If there has been other evidence of wrongdoing you may want to consider filing a supplemental petition for modification of the parenting rights.

Posted in Child Custody Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged , .