I am getting a divorce. Can I represent myself? Do I need to hire an attorney?

Legally, you have the right to represent yourself. That will be called pro se. But I very strongly recommend anyone representing themselves in a dissolution of marriage action even in the simplest of cases, there are legal issues that need to be taken care of with regard to children, parenting issues, support, that are dictated by statutes, by Florida Statute 61 specifically and you really need to be seeing someone who's trained in marital and family law to guide you.

Posted in Divorce Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .