How can I get my spouse, who has exhibited violence, removed from the home?

The way in which to have a spouse who has exhibited violence removed from the home is to file a petition for a junction for protection against domestic violence, which can be done by going to the clerk of your court and file a sworn petition, which the court will look at, and within twenty-four hours, if the requirements of the statue are met enter a temporary injunction. Then there would be a hearing within ten days on that injunction. That would, the temporary injunction, if granted, would order the abusive spouse to vacate the home immediately.

Posted in Domestic Abuse Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .