Can I make my husband repay the money he cleaned out of my bank account?

Yes, especially if he cleaned the money out of the bank account after the petition for dissolution of marriage was filed, and after the standing family law order was entered. If the money was cleaned out prior to the filing, I think the court can look back for a limited period of time and you can claim dissipation of an asset and have those funds reimbursed to you in the overall equitable distribution. Even if that particular fund of money or sum is no longer available, you can seek a reimbursement out of another asset.

Posted in Divorce Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .