Can I file for divorce in Florida while my spouse is stationed with the military in another country

Yes. As long as you as the petitioner have been a resident of Florida for at least 6 months prior to the filing of the case, you can file for divorce even if your spouse is living in another country based upon military assignment. The important thing is to determine, is to know whether they are residents of Florida for military purposes in order to obtain jurisdiction over that individual for the purpose of the division of the pension. With regard to the filing, that is based upon the residency requirement.

Posted in Divorce Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .