Can I be awarded a portion of my husband’s social security pension/survivor benefits?

As long as you have been married for at least 10 years, you will be entitled to former spouse benefits from your other spouse's Social Security benefits. However, that is outside of the jurisdiction of the court and would not be made a part of the dissolution of marriage decree.

Posted in Equitable Distribution, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .