I live in one state and my ex-spouse lives in another state with the children. Parenting time is at his whim. Where do I go to work out a schedule?

The state where you should file the supplemental petition to modify the decree to get specific parenting time should be in the state where you were divorced assuming you have been exercising parenting time under that final judgment that can be done even if the other spouse lives in a different state.

Posted in Child Custody Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged , .

Carolyn S. Zisser

Highly regarded in marital and family law, Carolyn S. Zisser is a well-respected lecturer and author on family law subjects for the American Bar Association, Florida Bar, Jacksonville Bar Association and private legal seminar companies.