Carolyn S. Zisser – the founder and senior attorney, has been licensed since 1972, and has maintained her office in Neptune Beach, Florida (a beach community in Jacksonville, Florida) since 1975. She has over 36 years of experience exclusively in marital and family law. Ms. Zisser graduated with honors from the National Law Center, George Washington University in June 1972 and was admitted to the Florida Bar in October 1972. After three years with The Jacksonville Area Legal Aid and a general trial practice, and handling complex Federal Court cases, she opened her private practice and has focused exclusively on marital and family law ever since. Carolyn S. Zisser P.A., was the first law firm at the Beaches in Jacksonville dedicated solely to marital and family law.
Ms. Zisser has achieved the AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest peer review rating awarded for ethical standards and legal ability. Fewer than five percent of all law firms qualify for this rating. She has also been selected as one of Florida’s Super Lawyers since 2007.
Highly regarded in marital and family law, Carolyn S. Zisser is a well-respected lecturer and author on family law subjects for the American Bar Association, Florida Bar, Jacksonville Bar Association and private legal seminar companies.
- “A-V,” Preeminent, Peer-Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- (Highest possible rating in both legal ability and Ethical Standards reflecting the confidential opinions of members of The Bar and Judiciary).
- Member, Florida’s Super Lawyers since 2007
- Master of the Family Law Inn of Court
- Named in “Top Ten Divorce Lawyers,” Jacksonville Business Journal, Vol. 7, Number 3, Week of May 15-21, 1992
- Leading American Attorneys
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Chair, Family Law Section of Jacksonville Bar Association from 1990 to 1992
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Publications Development Board
- Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Co-Chair – Military Family Law Committee