Can my ex-spouse make me pay for a private school for our child in Florida?

The answer is yes in certain circumstances. If there has been a history in the marriage where the children have been attending private school, where there are needs of the children that can best be served by private school, and where the parties financial circumstances are such that it is affordable, it certainly is a right and a request that the parties can make, for one party to assist in making the payments for that education.

Posted in Child Support Law, Legal FAQ Videos and tagged .

Carolyn S. Zisser

Highly regarded in marital and family law, Carolyn S. Zisser is a well-respected lecturer and author on family law subjects for the American Bar Association, Florida Bar, Jacksonville Bar Association and private legal seminar companies.